Wednesday, May 28, 2008

LOVE: Gamestop; HATE: UO



Gamestop is the only place left where you can actually go into a store and walk out with more money than when you entered. This is what happened. I made an online purchase with a clothing store that shall go unnamed (screw that it was urban outfitters!!). They charged me twice. My account overdrafted during the memorial day weekend when nothing could be done. I called UO, they said they would have someone from Finance help me by 4 that day. Not good enough because I knew they had messed up and just had to push a button. And I was hungry. I called the bank. They said they would lift the charge if I could do a 3-way with UO. Not as fun as it sounds. I called UO and told them about the 3-way. They said they couldn't do that type of call (what did you think I was talking about?). Then they said there was no one there from finance. What do you mean? The last person told me finance was handling the problem! After I called her out on her lie she said she would make a note in my account. Ok. Neat. I then called the bank back and just like that this new person at the bank took the extra $___.___ off my account. That said, my account still decided to go into the negatives today because of overdraft fees. So I went to gamestop.

I traded in 2 games and got enough money to buy a sandwich at quiznos, cat food, and milk and have some left over. Gamestop almost didn't have enough money in the register ($28!) because everyone pays by credit card. No shit.

No comments: