Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MEGA HATE: QuarkXPress



Anyone who has worked as a graphic designer in the past 10 years knows that there is InDesign, published by Adobe and QuarkXPress, published by Satan. I have some clients that insist that we keep using Quark even though we charge them twice as much because that's how much a pain in the ass it is to use. It takes twice as long. So, right now I am working in Quark and thinking to myself, "I really hate Quark I should put that in the blog." I needed a good screencap though and viola! What you see here should not be possible in any kind of desktop publishing software. There is text that appears to be highlighted that really isn't which makes formatting the text incredibly confusing. You can't highlight like this on any planet except Planet Quark. Quark also does not like to save documents or utilize fonts properly. Or create large files, or color manage, or use eps files with document thumbnails etc etc. What it does like to do is give me all the more reason to keep popping Aleve from inside my desk drawer. It's right there next to the shotgun and rolaids.

No comments: